Managed Registry #
As an alternative to Docker Hub, Planetary Quantum operates a managed registry service for our customers. This service is not included by default.
Our managed registry platform is powered by the following components:
- VMWare Harbor (v2.1.3)
- an S3 compatible object storage
VmWare Harbor contains a couple of services which make it a great project for on-premise installations for a Docker Registry. The most notable features for us are:
- Docker Image replication (between registries)
- Notary to sign Docker Images
- Vulnerability Scanning (through Clair)
- Gating of vulnerable Docker Images
- Complete audit-trail of all operations
Running and maintaining all the necessary components for a full-fledged installation can be challenging and time-consuming, which is why Planetary Quantum does it for you!
Additional features #
- Custom alerting for vulnerabilities found in Docker Images
- Docker Hub Proxy for our customers
- Integrated with Quantum ID
If you’d like to learn more, please get in touch.